Keep Block Island Beautiful
Block Island is a gem of the East Coast, with its stunning beaches and quaint New England charm.
As visitors and residents, we must prioritize sustainability to preserve this natural wonder for future generations.
By being mindful of our impact on the island's ecosystem, we can ensure that Block Island remains a beloved destination for years to come.
Eco-Friendly tourist attractions :
- Volunteer with the Nature Conservancy. For more information follow this Link.
- Help with cleaning our beaches. For a handy guide, click HERE.To find public trash cans click HERE.
- Visit the Block Island Maritime Institute’s Educational Center. For hours and programs check this link.
- Educate yourself on the Block Island Wind Farm. For education and information follow this Orsted link.
- Block Island has a ban on single use plastics like balloons. Help keep single use plastics away from our island by bringing a water bottle to use at our public water bottle refilling stations, which are located at the Solviken Preserve, The lawn of the Harbor Church and the Island Free Library.
- Leave no trace. On Block Island it is important that residents and visitors be respectful of the land and leave all of our beaches, trails, and preserves exactly as you found them. Leavenotrace.org is a website with programs and education around this important initiative. More information can be found on Leave No Trace’s website Here.